Amix Glutamine micro powder 500g
- Loyal customer
Bronze customer price€25.22
Silver customer price€24.44
Gold customer price€23.40
Use L-Glutamine to:
- Accelerate muscle growth
- Repair muscle tissue more effectively
- Prevent post workout muscle tissue breakdown
- Enhance and accelerate post workout recovery
- Increase natural growth hormone production, also resulting in lower levels of fat
- Improve cell-volumisation, resulting in fuller, harder muscle tone
- Enhance strength and sporting performance
Glutamine is the most abundant free-form amino acid in muscle, comprising over 50% of the free amino acids.
During and after intense training, large amounts of glutamine are released from muscle. The deficit created by this triggers the conversion of other amino acids into glutamine, which is a catabolic (muscle wasting) action. Oral supplementation of L-Glutamine helps to prevent muscle wastage caused by this natural recovery process.
Glutamine has become increasingly prominent as new studies reveal its unique contribution to protein synthesis, muscle growth, anti-catabolic (preventing muscle tissue breakdown) and growth hormone elevating effects.
Glutamine is the most abundant single amino acid in the blood and in the intracellular free amino acid pool (most abundant amino acid in muscle tissue). It comprises almost two-thirds of the amino acid pool in skeletal muscle cell. In fact, Glutamine alone is responsible for over one-third of the nitrogen that penetrates muscle cells. Glutamine literally drives muscle-building nitrogen into the muscle cell where it is synthesised for growth.
Glutamine concentrations fall remarkably after training within as little as 30 minutes, and remain low until complete recovery, up to as long as 5 - 7 days, resulting in decreases in strength, stamina and recovery. It is therefore critical for maintaining and building muscle tissue. The higher the muscle glutamine levels you can maintain, the less chance you have of falling into catabolism and the faster muscle will recover and grow.
Typically Used By:
- Weight-lifters, bodybuilders and other strength athletes
- Power athletes (Rugby players, Field athletes, Boxers etc)
- Endurance athletes wanting to build muscle or increase strength (Tri-athletes, cyclists,
- Anyone wanting to gain muscle, recover better from workouts, or improve sports
- Anyone engaging in strenuous physical activity, wanting to enhance muscle growth and
Ingredients per half teaspoon serving:
- 2500mg pure pharmaceutical grade L-Glutamine
The optimum amount of L-Glutamine required depends on training intensity. A sensible guideline is to use a total of 5 grams per 45 minutes of endurance or weight training, 2.5g before and 2.5g after. A training session lasting 1 1/2 hours would therefore require 10 grams in total (5g before and 5g after)
Pre training: Mix ½ a teaspoon (2.5g) to 1 heaped teaspoon (5g), depending on training intensity, with water and drink 30 minutes before training
Post training: Take ½ a teaspoon to 1 heaped teaspoon as soon as possible after training, preferably within 45 minutes.
Rest days: Take ½ to 1 heaped teaspoon 15 minutes before bedtime.
Product Reviews / Q&A
Questions & Answers (0)